Also, once I removed the plate, the pinblock looks very solid. I had expected to find some leak-thru from a spill that happened on the tuning pins. But, everything looks good and I'm glad to see I won't need to replace the pinblock. I measured the torque before I pulled everything and it was within reason.
There is a very small compression ridge that formed under the plate on the soundboard. I haven't decided what to do about it. I might dry the piano out a bit more and see if it's opens up then fill the gap. From underneath it looks fine, which is why I didn't see it until after I pulled the plate.